Are you planning to join university/college for your higher studies? Then selecting university/college is so challenging. The decision-making process may take weeks or even months to land on the right choice. It is not just about academics. It is a place where you will spend one of the most important phases of your life.
Taking such a big step involves many factors to consider.
- Academics- The first thing before choosing the right university is to see whether it has the program you are interested in. Furthermore, consider the available branches and specializations before you come to a decision. It's important to see which program and branch is best suited to your interest. Thorough understanding about the program's requirement and its future applications in the real world is also necessary to build your career road map.
- Campus- You'll spend a great span of time on the university campus. Outside of class rooms, you will make new friends, hang out with them, work on group projects, attend events, use the recreational facilities and many more. Make a list of things that you think as important in a university and look for those facilities on the campus.
- Accommodation- Moving from a different city and looking for accommodation, even if the chosen university is in your city but on the outskirts, can be a hectic process. Make sure the university or the nearby areas has comfortable accommodation facilities. Ensure the food facilities, grocery, connectivity to the city and any other specific requirements you may come across during your study in the university.
- Extracurricular Activities- This phase of life is about all-round development. A good university not only focuses on making your academics strong but also on improving your personality and other necessary aspects. Extracurricular activities are important because they help you to open and explore yourself. Find out what kind of activities or events are part of your university and how they can impact your development.
- Career Growth- The main goal of every student is to grow in their career and be successful. Talk to the university representatives and discuss how the university prepares you for the future. Learn how the university helps you to put the theoretical aspect into real-life practice? Ensure the placement opportunities are up to the mark, find out whether they help you in getting the industry exposure through training or internships.
A good university plays a vital role in student's life to build a strong foundation for their bright future. Choosing the university is your choice, but it is the university and the collective effort of the faculties that prepare you for your dream to pursue.
Take your time to decide the perfect place you want to spend your time in building your future and choose wisely!